Re: [Amps] MOSFET amp filtering - was: auto-tune

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MOSFET amp filtering - was: auto-tune
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 21:49:52 -0500
Not if the SS amplifier had an out impedance of one or five thousand
Ohms.

But they don't. Typically a few ohms. You could step it up to a few
thousand with a transformer and then run it through a pi network I
suppose, but then you lose the advantage of SS amps: they are
naturally broadbanded and don't require tuning, which a high-Q pi
network does. Better, IMO, to just run the output through a low pass
filter and avoid all tuning.

  I understand the original arrangement, but the output network of most
SS amplifiers especially push-pull amplifiers include an output
transformer that uses two brass tubes soldered together at one end and
the other ends are the output terminals, this secondary winding could
be adapted into a higher output impedance suitable for feeding a Pi
network/S.

  Feeding any SS amplifier through a "Pi" network was not my idea
but it is not automatically impossible.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.