Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FCC Denies Expert Linears' Request for Waiver of 15 dB Rule
From: Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 22:21:57 +0200
The TS850S (and probably other transceivers) had an internal pot that could be adjusted to set the maximum output. In the service manual, it said to set this for 100w output with the drive set in such-and-such a way and the RF Output control set to maximum. If you turned this up all the way you could get perhaps 160 watts from the pair of 2SC2879 (I think) transistors.
Of course, in this condition, the IMD was disastrous.

73,
Vic, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO