Re: [Amps] Diagnosing relay problem

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Diagnosing relay problem
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2017 09:00:15 -0500
  Vic 4X6GP Rosenthal wrote:

I have recently been suffering from intermittent attenuation of RX signals
through my amplifier, which has a vacuum relay (Jennings RJ1-A) in the output
and a HG d'Italia relay from max gain (see here:
https://www.mgs4u.com/RF-Microwave/RFrelays_misc.htm) in the input. The problem
is that I would like to determine which relay is responsible before taking it
apart!
I can't think of a way, and am considering replacing both of them. Does anyone
have an idea?
Also, has anyone experience with the HG d'Italia relays? I wonder if this was
such a good choice. It is fast enough, but I wonder about its lifespan.

  An Ohm meter, input to output then from inner connecting wire to
input and then output.
--
  Ron  KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.