Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 160 meter 2nd harmonic
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:15:02 -0800
On Sun,1/29/2017 7:32 AM, Steve London wrote:
I was surprised to receive e-mail that the 2nd harmonic of my 1866.5 signal was QRMing a QSO on 3733.

Without digging into the amp, a stub, optimally placed, would be an easy solution. A single stub optimally placed along the line is good for about 30 dB, double stubs for about 60 dB, or you could stagger the tuning of the stubs to broadband the suppression. Optimally placed would be at an voltage max along the line.

73, Jim K9YC