Re: [Amps] TenTec 425 Plate Current at Standby

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TenTec 425 Plate Current at Standby
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 11:20:00 -0800
On Fri,2/3/2017 10:27 AM, Robert Paluf wrote:
I am now the new owner of an older TenTec Titan HF amplifier, model 425.

These are very nice amps. I own three of them -- two in my SO2R contesting station and the third a standby. Two of the amps came to me with problems that I had to fix. The schematics in the manual are a bit hard to follow, because interconnected circuitry is split between multiple pages. To make troubleshooting easier, I drew the almost the entire schematic (omitting RF details in the output stage) in AutoCad and made a pdf of it. It's here. http://k9yc.com/Titan.pdf There are also single-page sized pdf files of sections of the schematic for easy printing. k9yc.com/publish.htm

It's OK to run the amp with one tube at a time to assess their condition. The tuning changes only slightly.

73, Jim K9YC