Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SS amps watercooling - was PowerGenius XL
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 19:33:18 -0600
A lot of klystrons for UHF TV used ion-exchangers ( we called them scrubbers )
to help remove the brass / copper / stainless / whatever ions were present.
Don W4DNR

Quoting "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>:

Not sure what you are disagreeing with. Distilled water presents a high resistance when first used, BUT, distilled and de-ionized water is ion hungry, or rephrased, quite corrosive. It will take the strength out of brass fittings to the point where you caqn crumble them between your finger.. IE, hose barbs. It is the metal ions that increase the conductivity. Tap water (with no salt) is still conductive)

As the water ages, the dissolved metal ions lower the resistivity. That's why we monitor the resistivity. Eventually the resistivity gets low enough that the water needs to be replaced with, fresh, clean, distilled water.

73, Roger (K8RI)