[Amps] Alpha 99

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 99
From: Merv Schweigert via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:52:14 -1000
Any Alpha 99 gurus out there,  I have an early model 99 with the tapped
plate choke and clapper system. The clapper has finally a hole burnt in it,
and I was thinking I have seen a late model 99 with just a choke in place of
all that relay / clapper junk.   I usually use Ameritron chokes in my home
brew amps and hoping one will fit the 99,  has any one done this?

Also does any one have updates and setup information on setting the various
pots on the control board?

Need to pull the amp out of service and replace the rear wafer on the band
switch, it was not aligned when built and the rear wafer is 1/2 step off, thus
burning a contact or two.

Thanks  73 Merv K9FD/KH6