[Amps] LDMOS and DMOS RF MOSFETs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] LDMOS and DMOS RF MOSFETs
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 10:57:35 -0700
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 06:20:51 -0600
From: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>
To: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Cc: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LDMOS and DMOS RF MOSFETs

##  agreed.   A chinese 8877 is the ticket.   Only drawback is the 3 min
fil warm up...moot point.   The alpha 9500 auto tune with the chinese 8877
in it, is overall, a big bang for the buck.   Like Bill sez, buy one used, keep
it for
5-10 years, and sell it for what you paid for it.  Cost of ownership =  zero.
Why alpha did not use an 8877 in their manual tune  alpha 8410 is beyond me,
dumb move on alphas engineering dept.  They saved nothing by using a pair of
chinese
4CX-1500Bs.   2 tubes, 2 expensive sockets, regulated screen and grid supply, 2
chimneys