Re: [Amps] About LP100A

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] About LP100A
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:44:12 -0500
Yet another wattmeter....

https://shop.heathkit.com/shop/product/precision-rf-meter-hm-1002-pre-order-33

73
Jim W7RY

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Thomson
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:20 PM
To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] About LP100A

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:44:08 +0000
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@outlook.com>
To: Amps group <amps@contesting.com>

’On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 21:35:06 +0000, Manfred wrote:

Can a digital scope do Lissajous figures?

<’REPLY You might have me there, although with the built in measurement
capabilities, Lissajous figures are no longer needed. I haven't used
them in more than 50 years. I vaguely remember them from my first
semester electronics class.   :-)

73, Bill W6WRT

### Lissajous figures might look cool, and were typ used on 50s Sci-Fi movies, including the original star trek series from the 60s. Makes for a great back drop,
like it actually had a function in life.

## having said all that, I used a 4 channel Tek analog scope all the time at work, during my tenure at the telco. We used it for all sorts of stuff, including calibrating mag tape units at the time, where the timing was extremely critical. And timing applications on digital offices, digital spans,
and precision clock ovens.
Each office had a 2 channel tek scope, plus a logic analyzer. Along the way, I evaluated 3 different types of Fluke scope meters. We ended up buying 12 of the deluxe versions. After comparing the 4 channel analog Tek vs the expensive Fluke scope meter, I opted to use the 4 channel Tek, even though it was heavier..having to put into my work van, and take to multiple sites. Way too easy to be off on a tangent with the Fluke scope meters, which are good devices, but easy to have timing readings outa whack. They eventually worked for my application, but that was only after extensive comparison between the known good tek...and tweaking the fluke scope meter to display the same info. But I never did trust em. Then they would do stupid stuff, like the entire menu etc.. in either spanish..or french. Meanwhile Im trying to figure out how to get back to english.
which was not blatantly obvious.

Jim  VE7RF