Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Status of Alpha
From: Thomas Walsh <w2co@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2017 07:56:14 -0600
Bravo Mike! This needed to come out in the amps forum.

When Array Solutions stated that the normal idle current in a 9500 was around 70ma.,

that was based on the two or three amps they had looked at. It is normal for idle current

to drift down over time, because the 8877's emission will be reduced but idle current needs

to be properly adjusted..not to mention your IMD numbers, which many seem to think are

the defining parameter will go to pot.

I wonder what they would do for a code 8? HA!

Beware of the non factory trained experts.

BTW, We are all caught up on 9500 repairs and I don't see any coming back in the near future,

there's a reason for that.

Tom W2CO