Re: [Amps] SB220 plate meter question

To: warren@warrenvolz.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 plate meter question
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 05:50:45 -0500
Warren, well it could be a bad solder joint.  The SB-220 plate meter has a PLUS
red wire and a MINUS black wire coming off the meter going to the rectifier
board.  You must check the solder joints at the meter side and at the board
side.  Then you have a 3600 ohm resistor as a series resistor for the plate
meter reading on the board, that resistor could have an issue or the solder
joints associated with that resistor and also the 1 ohm shunt resistor as well,
that needs to be looked at as well as solder joints on that.  That is the
metering circuit in a nut shell.  Unless there is some problem with the meter
itself you should find your problem in that area.  Do you have a stock Heathkit
meter board or some aftermarket one?  Lou