Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87 (not 87A)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2017 11:57:49 -0800
On 11/8/2017 11:03 AM, Jim Thomson wrote:
But when the ICOM
756 Pro 2 and 3 folks start TXing,  I can hear all sorts of crud on the ICOM rigs..go figure.

Don't know about this rig, but retired broadcast engineer W4TV has identified one cause of this as the method used for ALC within the rig, and they do it all the time. It has nothing to do with ALC from the amp, and also occurs with the rig running barefoot. I've observed this on 6M, called the station to let him know, and they've told me the rig they're running and that they're barefoot. The times I remember the rig was an el-cheapo Yaesu.