[Amps] Narcissism everywhere (almost)

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Narcissism everywhere (almost)
From: Robert Sands <k7voradio@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:44:06 -0800
Interesting to see this topic here but it is really everywhere because we all
evolve from primal narcissism. Life experience and being wrong and learning
from experience  attenuate the narcissism (youthful grandiosity) and replace it
with wisdom and reality testing. Pathological narcissism prevents learning and
the humility of realization how little we know. Unfortunately, the bombasity
and arrogance of the pathological narcissist makes many feel secure and
protected so they are given high station, although this is being flushed out
recently by social process. In the military, narcissists are weeded out by
actual results and high stakes that humble even the most arrogant. Life is the
best therapy for narcissits.

 So I would say “take the log out of your eye before you take the splinter out
of mine” is useful guidance in railing against narcissism. There is plenty of
narcissism to go around so learn to live with it (and deal with it, not roll
over to it) and stay on the path of truth, science and maturity. It is a great
way to live!
Bob
K7VO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10