[Amps] Alpha 76 plate choke

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 76 plate choke
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 15:31:20 -0700
All this plate choke discussion has me curious about the Alpha 76 plate choke arrangement.

The schematic shows two 15 uH chokes in series - the usual large one, and a very small one, with bypass caps to ground on each side.

I recently replaced the small one - the old, original one still seemed to function, but was blackened. The replacement was 15 uH, 4 amps, from Mouser.

Questions: Are both of these chokes really 15 uH, or is the schematic mislabeled ?

Why are both chokes, needed ?

73,
Steve, N2IC