Re: [Amps] Attenuation of signal

To: amps@contesting.com, w3khg@triad.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Attenuation of signal
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 11:05:11 -0500
John. I’ll assume your radio antenna feed passed through the amplifier when
it’s off rather than you having a switching network.  If that’s true then there
should be no difference in the received signal when the amp is off or on in
standby.  Shouldn’t make an difference.  If you do see this difference you
speak of then you probably have a shorted relay cable or problem with radio
that is keying up the antenna relay in standby.  If this is the case you should
be seeing some plate current on the meter.  Also the Xmit light will probably
be lit too.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail