Re: [Amps] Contacts Cleaner

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Contacts Cleaner
From: Bryan Swadener via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 01:30:51 +0000 (UTC)
Joe:  In the TELCO industry, we learned switches become oxidized from
"dry switching" (one reason for the 20mA loop current).
 The FIRST thing to try is to run the switch back-and-forth several/many times.
If there's any oxidation, the "wiping" action of the contacts should clean it
off.
If that doesn't work, look for crappy solder joint(s) or bent contacts.

In any case, do NOT use anything abrasive (the microinches thin silver plating
will be removed). If the switch needs to be replaced, Allied Electronics has
Electroswitch pn D4G0205N (datasheet) in stock for $18.31. Or, you can use the
used switch Lou W1QJ offered you on the other forum you posted this to...

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC