[Amps] Mirage/KLM HF1.8-30 amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mirage/KLM HF1.8-30 amp
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:14:22 -0800
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 05:42:37 -0500
From: Ted <tarachwal@gmail.com>
To: amps@contesting.com

<I have a very rare Mirage/KLM 1.8-30MHz solid state mobile amp that is
<100 watts in and 800 watts outs.? My understanding is very few were
<made, no manual on the internet and FCC made them stop making them
<because they will amplify "anywhere" between 1.8 and 30 MHz!? Is there a
<manual or such around on this amp? Understand it takes 85 amps to run
<this thing.? Any information on this amp would be greatly appreciated.

<73,

<Ted K8AQM

## M2 may well have the manual you want.   On a similar note,  does it even
have any
relay switched, or band switched  LP  filters  inside it ??  You need at least
6 x LP filters
to cover 160-10m.

##  If it typ operates at 50% eff, and assuming you had at least 14 vdc under
load to back of
the mirage SS amp,  it would suck  114 A  with a key down cxr.   Perhaps
40-50A  while talking on SSB.

Jim  VE7RF