[Amps] Mirage/KLM HF 10080...for sale

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Mirage/KLM HF 10080...for sale
From: Ted <tarachwal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 21:47:01 -0500
Well, did some tests on the HF 10080...wow!  First thanks for all the help and info regarding this amp.  Only had a 50 amp power supply for the 12 volt source so drove the amp with 20 amps and 50 watts from TS-570.  The Bird read 475-500 watts so safe to say the KLM works.  Tag on the back says "Not for sale in the United States, for export only."  I guess that explains why there is no bandswitch on the front (serial number of the amp is 032-191). Didn't try the amp outside of the US hambands (used only 40 meters) but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut it will as predicted, transmit "anywhere" between 1.8-30 MHz.  Ergo this amp is too dangerous for me to own, so I am offering it for $650 (includes shipping US only...others pay shipping, 20 lbs.).  Heck of a mobile amp!  Contact me off list via K8AQM (QRZ good).  Pictures available upon request....NO RETURN, too dangerous to own!

73,

Ted K8AQM

---
http://www.avg.com