Re: [Amps] Amp “Warm-up”?

To: Bill Ashby <n6ffc1954@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp “Warm-up”?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 08:47:06 -0500
The AL-80 series uses a 3-500Z, which uses a thoriated tungsten filament as a
directly heated cathode. It takes less than 10 s to reach full temperature,
which is where the 10 s required warm up comes from. After 10 s, you’re good to
go.

Many other tubes use an indirectly heated cathode that can be damaged if
operation is attempted before it reaches full temperature. These require a
minute or two to warm up and almost always have a lockout circuit that prevents
operation too soon.

Kim N5OP

"People that make music together cannot be enemies, at least as long as the
music lasts." -- Paul Hindemith