Re: [Amps] new 2200m/630m amplifier - distorted waveform output

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Subject: Re: [Amps] new 2200m/630m amplifier - distorted waveform output
From: Roger Graves <ve7vv@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 15:50:45 -0700
Hello Manfred,

Thank you very much for the quick and very informative reply.

I will follow your advice and work on eliminating the turn-on transient. There
are 56 Ohm gate resistors and a small amount of gate to drain capacitance
“negative feedback" (gate and drain wiring is twisted pair). I will look into
implementing your suggestions.

I will build a Pi type LPF to use with this amp as you suggest.

Re. the distortion with center-tap primary. Ah, of course. I knew about the 1
turn primary problem but, duh, failed to have the insight that this would be
the same with 3T. Thanks for the nice explanation. I think I was lucky not to
have blown the FET’s trying the center-tap feed.

The screenshots that I attached to my post email did not appear on the amps
website. I have uploaded them to:
http://qsl.net/v/ve7vv//Temp/Waveform at antenna.png
<http://qsl.net/v/ve7vv//Temp/Waveform%20at%20antenna.png>
http://qsl.net/v/ve7vv//Temp/Waveform at dummy load.png