Re: [Amps] Fwd: Fwd: *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation

To: k8ri@rogerhalstead.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fwd: Fwd: *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 14:19:37 -0400
For those that are worried about lightning damaging equipment over
Ethernet  (is that LoE?) or have long CAT5e or CAT6 cable runs, might I
suggest copper Ethernet to fiber converters? One can put an unmanaged
switch at the operating position, and connect it to the household router or
even to another building ( some of these can go 2 or more km.) Prices for a
pair start at about $150 and go up. Keeps Ethernet cables nice and short.
--Mike, WV2ZOW