[Amps] THP HP-2.5 Help

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] THP HP-2.5 Help
From: William Liporace <wc2l@wc2l.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 17:34:09 -0500
Hi Folks,
I have a THP that on startup is displaying the message  "PSE STBY OPERSW!"  after it gives me the THP/firmware version  message. Doing a bit of troubleshooting with a friend, it appears that it is the processor or timing PIC. We checked the reference crystal and that was dead on..

I am having a couple of major issues.. The biggest is the schematics and parts lists that I have been able to find online are NOT matching the actual circuitry. I have searched the net... Welcome to be proved wrong!!

One is a PIC 18f452 and I believe is the main processor. I have two, the one in the amp and an older one by version number.  The older version chip is v1.5a with a newer date code. It does have 081218/REP (guessing reproduced). The chip in the amp is v1.5c with a date code 091217. Both produce the same result.

The second chip next to the processor actually had a felt or permanent marker across it. U9. It is  NOT listed anywhere (parts or schematic). The second chip is a 12F683 (8-Pin Flash-Based, 8-Bit CMOS Microcontrollers with nano Watt Technology). It may be the real culprit... What little reading I have done, it is a timing function device. It looks like it is supposed to supply the timing..

So a couple of questions..
Does anyone have one of these amps?
Anyone have the ability to read/program the 12F683 chip??
Any other suggestions would be great!!

TNX Will WC2L

--
William Liporace WC2L