Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 ALC question

To: "'Floyd Sense'" <k8ac@k8ac.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 89 ALC question
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:22:00 -0500
Floyd,

ALC and Ig is monitored by a common LM324 device from what appears to be the
same sampling line.  U1A drives Ig LED monitoring while U1C drives the high
side of the ALC pot (via connector J9-6).  In fact, U1A out bifurcates and
connects to U1C through R21.

I would check to ensure continuity between the high-side pot, connector J9-6.
and one end of R25.  The output of U1C directly drives D11, a 1N4148 diode.
Cathode is to LM324 out.  The diode's anode connects to the other side of the
R25.

Since you do have Ig readings, there's not much between the U1 sections and the
ALC pot.