Re: [Amps] Second Fan for 87A

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Second Fan for 87A
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 17:25:18 -0500
If it is like my 76PA 3 holer with the basic EI transformer any generic120VAC muffin fan will work as all it needs to do is move a little air around the PS side. I used one from a scrapped vintage PC PS using existing rear panel perforation holes and can barely hear it.

It has been fine over years of contesting and even when used as an AM linear the iron stays cool.

If the 87A dos not have a 120V take off point then the 240V one is needed.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>