Re: [Amps] SB-220 high input SWR

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 high input SWR
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:39:20 -0500
Make sure you use at least a 6' RG58 (or similar 66% velocity factor) jumper between the amplifier and the radio.

Report back as to your findings then.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY

On 3/8/2019 6:30 PM, Warren Volz wrote:
All,

I believe I have an issue with the input SWR on my SB220. It's
frequently around 2:1 on 40 and 20m. I believe this is not where it's
supposed to be. Is it worth adjusting the input coils or would it be
better to check elsewhere for issues? Someone suggested checking the
mica caps connected to the band switch. When I rehabbed this amp I
thought I checked those and they were ok, but it's possible something
changed or I didn't actually confirm they were working.

-Warren KD5YPH