Re: [Amps] QRO 2500DX MARK lll 4CX800

To: "'Bob Gibson'" <w5rg@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO 2500DX MARK lll 4CX800
From: "Leigh Turner" <invertech@frontierisp.net.au>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 16:38:38 +1030

My commiserations over having all three tubes fail like this Bob.

Other than failed or ineffective protection circuits that might have caused
grossly excessive input over-drive to the grids, or an absence of Plate HT
causing a consequential large rise in screen dissipation (and associated
electrode warping and shorting), this scenario is most surprising.

I would very carefully check the efficacy of these important tube protection
mechanisms as the 4CX800A / GU74B tube is a notably robust and rugged one!

Also check the continuity of the 50 Ohm input swamping resistor R607.

Leigh
VK5KLT