Re: [Amps] HV rectifier

To: Paul Kraemer <elespe@lisco.com>, Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV rectifier
From: "Bob Wilson, N6TV" <n6tv@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 23:30:28 -0700
Paul,

So it looks like the one pictured here:

https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/vintage-ge-rectifier.640560/

?

It seems "4JA421" is the GE "series."  I don't know what the MX55 means.
The one in the photo linked above ends with EX12S.  Maybe that's just a
date code or batch number or something; probably not significant.

On Page 48 of the 1964 Allied Electronics Catalog pictured online here
<https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_alliedElecAlliedElectronicsCatalog_103823678/page/n47>
it says:

GE 4JA421 Series Potted Rectifier Circuit
Max Amps:  0.65
Max PRV:  10,000

(PRV = Peak Reverse Voltage)

On Page 41 here
<https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_alliedElecAlliedElectronicsCatalog_103823678/page/n41>,
*Motorola's* Silicon Rectifier Stacks include a few schematics.  I'm
guessing the Motorola "Full Wave Center Tap Rectifier" schematic also
matches the three terminals on the GE part, but that's just a guess.  Maybe
you can verify with a diode tester?

Hope that helps.

73,
Bob, N6TV