Re: [Amps] Kilovac relay in MFJ 2020 catalog

To: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Kilovac relay in MFJ 2020 catalog
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 07:06:28 -0800
## Alpha, back years ago, used a RJ1A. They later switched to the Kilovac HC-1...which has more robust insides..esp for QSK CW...lasts a lot longer. The gigavac GH1 is superb..and consistently Hi-pot tests to > 7.5 kv. The GH1 is the best of the 3. All 3 look identical .

## Kilovac told me the speed up circuits with the overvoltage, with or without the cap across the drop resistor will not degrade the relay life.

## Buddy uses 3 x gigavac GH1s on his 2 x GS35B 6M monoband amp. Input, output, and cutoff bias. Handles 4.7 kw just fine for the last 8 years.

## The sped up gigavac G2s ended up with 2-3 bounces.. but still were 2.5 to 2.7 msecs.....including bounces. Used on a YC-156 amp..and also a 3x6 amp.
The  YC-156  80-10  amp  gets  the QSK  work out  on a regular basis.

Jim   VE7RF

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Garland