Re: [Amps] SPE-2K power supply issue

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SPE-2K power supply issue
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 17:37:15 +0800
Now that you've fixed it, I think it best that you post it to the left coast downunder for further testing.

73, Alek, VK6APK

On 16/07/2020 5:07 pm, Martin Sole wrote:
Well definitely a case of RTFM it seems. The 34.9 volts is pretty much to
spec for this amplifier, when it's in the MID position! Changes to about
30v in the LOW position and 48v only in the HIGH position. Switching modes
and measuring at the terminals as well as the built in display confirms
this which would seem to indicate all is well with the supply.

Amp now does an easy 2kw out with about 35 watts drive. It must just have
been the dead geckos and associated gunk that prevented the supply from
starting I guess.

Martin, HS0ZED