Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 questions

To: "'Bob'" <n612dw@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 9500 questions
From: "Robert" <woodr90@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:33:03 -0500
Bob,

The ONLY amp I've regretting selling was an Alpha, a 76A, modified with pair
of 3CXP800s & HD (slightly higher voltage) Peter Dahl Xmer.

Presently have Alpha 89 sitting in my shop waiting on $26 part from Alpha.
Alpha has been in lock down for months now.
My last email has gone unanswered.   On the 89 design, leave it to Alpha to
come up with a design that shorts out part of the RF Choke in B+....
I understand the thought, not impressed.

Here is part of their web page (Under tab Store):

"COVOD-19 CLOSURE NOTICE
The Governors of TN, CO and OH have ordered the business closed due to
COVID-19 Pandemic State of Emergency.
Effective 3/23/20 We are closed until further notice.
We will not be shipping product, doing repairs or selling parts and
accessories during this time.
We may not answer emails or telephones during this time as everyone will be
at home."

IMHO, Alpha has struggled since failed whatever/law suit with a/the
Bulgarians

As far as the 9500, nice amp.  If you read Rob Sherwood's papers, the solid
state amps being put on market don't have the signal quality of tube.
Be prepared for rough times getting it repaired - when that's needed.
Alpha can't repair or send repair parts out today

73 W5AJ

Robert
Midland, Texas