Re: [Amps] 1N2637

To: Robert W5AJ <woodr90@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1N2637
From: David Gow <6146guy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 20:43:51 -0700
Test  between cap and pin 4  (one of the small pins).  Google it, it is
just a plain diode in a metal tube housing.  Nothing special, no other
components of ay kind, no resistors, no nothing.  Schematic online, if you
can't find it email me.  Cap is anode, no special tester needed.  We used
to run them in Johnson Valiants as the FAA and military  surplus  thousands
of them.  They were in hamfest tubs for 50 cents each in the early 70's.
There are much better diodes available today for cents.  I have six of them
still. and jkust tested them with my antique Fluke 8020A  and tested good
and then tested them with a current cheap Harbor Freight DMM and tested the
same good.
Dave W7VM