Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 amplifier power supply requirements

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 amplifier power supply requirements
From: Ron W4BIN <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:54:05 -0500
 A Lawrence FW6EF Fibich wrote:

I could use assistance from anyone who knows this Drake Amplifier and it's power supply. 1st I have
advertized widely for an original one to buy - nothing.2ndly I did get a 'home built' power supply
but 4at a road block as how to connect parts of it.  The HV section OK, and a secondary
transformer provides a 120VAC to run through the on/off switch of the Amp to work the finals
heaters circuit.  But I come to 'stop' in trying to know/figure out what more it needs
into the circuits to the right of the finals on the schematic - like the interlock, ALC, meter,
etc.  This homebuilt power supply does put out 5 VAC on the secondary but I don't know how to
connect that to the Amp.Any assistance really appreciated.

  I do not know the amplifier or power supply, but:

  For safety reasons the power cord/s between the amplifier and the power supply needs to be permanently connected inside of the amplifier and the loose end connected into the power supply with connectors that do not expose the connections to you.  A good touch would be to have a very low Voltage interlock wire go between the two units in the cable arranged so the hV cannot be turned on unless the two units are
connected together.

--
   Ron  W4BIN - Understanding is much better than
                                      knowing how.MX