[Amps] Fwd: Western Electric

To: Amps Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: Western Electric
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 01:19:23 -0700
On 3/22/2022 11:37 PM, ve3rwj@winsystem.org wrote:
That said, I've owned and gotten good audio reports using a couple of his
microphones on the air, the HM-12, and the HM-Pro.
I still own and use those HTH headsets with my various HT's.

He's built those mics with response tailored for competitive SSB, just as Shure did beginning with the earliest days of SSB in the late '50s. Without the built-in EQ, you need that; with built-in EQ, the CM500 sounds at least as good, and the cans are very comfortable and sound good. I have no problem wearing them in a 2-day weekend contest.

73,  Jim