[Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M...USING THE 3CX-6000A7...Part 4

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 12 KW CCS ON 160-15M...USING THE 3CX-6000A7...Part 4
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 06:51:57 -0800
Here is part 4, where the fil choke is installed, rated to handle the 78
amps CCS of fil current....and work down to 160m. Note, those type 43 oval
beads will easily take a pair of  2-0 power cable's in RW-90...and will
handle 180 amps CCS.   Scott used 2 ga welding cable, with fine strands.
 I used 2-0, RW-90, but my cable is 37 strands..and is 600 V rated.   Each
bead is 1.126"  long. The oval opening is 1.03" wide  x  .51" tall.

I bought 3 doz of em from amazon, cheap.  They are buried on the Fair rite
site under 'misc cores'. This is the fastest, most effective way to
fabricate a high current fil choke yet.  Just slide a bunch of the oval
beads over the pair of wires, add some heat shrink if you want, then
terminate the ends with compression lugs at the cathode. Scott and I use
superior electric  'supercon connectors'. They are giant banana jack
/plugs.  They come in 6 x colors and also rvs gender..and also in
25-50-100-250 amp sizes.   For this 3x6 application, with it's 78 amp CCS
fil, the 100 amp version is used.   These are used at the cold end of the
choke assy....since the actual fil xfmr + mating variac  are typ on another
shelf or cabinet.
Miscellaneous Suppression Cores (2643167851)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWR39bxa_64