Re: [Amps] 60 Hz B+ Ripple

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 60 Hz B+ Ripple
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 17:30:36 -0800
On 12/30/2023 11:33 AM, Wayne, W0ZW wrote:
I recently had reason to look at the purity of the B+ supply voltage for my
Ten-Tec Titan amplifier.

I once owned three of the original Titans. Hum I've experienced was caused by one or two bad lytics in the HV string. Easy test is after everything is discharged, use VOM going one direction and then the other one each cap, noticing the extent of charge-discharge for typical, then going back through to note which is (are) bad. I've never experienced more than two.

Note that a 90% schematic is on my website. k9yc.com/publish.htm Scroll down.

73, Jim K9YC