Re: [Amps] Alpha 8100 - R9 meltdown

To: David Propper <k2dp@charter.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 8100 - R9 meltdown
From: gudguyham--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2024 11:37:39 +0000 (UTC)
That’s probably either a step start resistor or a glitch resistor.  I would
have to look at the schematic.  Depending on which it is will depend on the
nature of the fault.  In either case it could be a tube failure  a HV short to
ground or a bad step start relay.  I’ll check the schematic.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS