Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW

To: "Jeff in Mali:" <tz4am@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW
From: David Gow <6146guy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:19:33 -0700
Most modern transceivers have a menu setting that will delay the first
letter transmission for a milliseconds after the amp has been switched to
transmit.  If the amplifiers have mechanical relays this is needed both to
avoid cutting off letters and to avoid hot switching.switching.  The ones
you aear  cutting off letters likely do not have the transceiver delay set
too fast for that particular amp.  I had that problem with my IC-7300 and
ALS-1306 until I set the transmit delay higher in the IC-7300 so it
twitches the amp to send a few milliseconds befor actually transmitting.
No more problems.  It obviously only matters if you are op[erating QSK. of
fast vox.  My foot pedal response also takes care of it!!