Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, Dick NY1E <dick@ny1e.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Slow start-up of Amps on CW
From: "Jeff in Mali: via Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 10:41:09 +0000 (UTC)
 Dick, Thanks for the empirical test. I like that. 73, Jeff
    On Tuesday, March 12, 2024 at 02:44:14 AM GMT, Dick NY1E <dick@ny1e.com>
wrote:

 I just tried this on my amp, when auto band changing I send a single dit and
no power out, after that all is normal. Once I'm on the right band it doesn't
seem to cut off anything.de Dick NY1E

"Number 1 reason:  The sender is using an automatic band selection amplifier.
One amp,
can block 26ms from the beginning of RF input to the amp.  This is "independent
of
the RF Delay setting" in the rig.  This link provides an explanation.
https://qsk2
500.myfreesites.net/la-1k-qsk
ALL Automatic Band Selection amps have this problem in CW.  Use rig control  or
manual
band selection".