Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX800A7 Grid Current
From: n4is--- via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 20:51:43 +0000
I switched to a pair of 3CPX800 20 years ago and they are full power today. The
3CX800 is sensitive to plate load.  The way to tune is to  increase the load (
open the capacitor) and drop the grid current, peak again the plate capacitor
to max output and repeat the process, increase load to reduce grid current and
peal plate capacitor, you  should find a load good for max power with lower
grid current, max 50 mA per tube, my tubes run at 20 mA grid current each for
full legal power.
My two cents,

73'
JC