Re: [Amps] I like to think there are no stupid questions

To: Mark - N5OT <r-emails@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] I like to think there are no stupid questions
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2024 07:17:31 -0600
Mark-
My LC800 was arcing and tripping out.
Turned out to be the plate tuning cap.
Once they start arcing it’s tough to fix ‘em. Tried filing and cleaning up the
carbon tracks, but eventually ended up replacing it with a vac variable.
That amp uses 3 3cx800’s.
I figured it was abused by the previous owner.
I realize this doesn’t exactly answer your question, but might save you some
grief in case you have the same thing going on.

Tom
K0SN