Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] about the WARC bands of the Heathkit SB-220.
From: Martin Sole <hs0zed@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2024 17:00:47 +0400
HI,

There are 2 potential areas of concern:

1:    The input tuned circuits are configured for the bands on the band switch. You may be able to find a compromise tuning that allows WARC band coverage.

2:    The plate RFC may have a resonance close to one of the WARC bands an operation there may well cause a big flashbang! You might consider something like the old Ameritron choke which is generally considered to be free of nasty resonancs if in good space.

If you are operating in the Philipinnes with a Class A licence I think your power limit on all bands including 10MHz is 1kW CW and 2kW PEP SSB output.

I haven't tried my SB-220 on any of the WARC bands so I'm keen to hear from others on their experiences

Regards

MArtin

G4UQF, HS0ZED, A65HP