[antennaware] Open wire for elements

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Open wire for elements
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (W9SN)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 09:08:17 -0500
I have been thinking about rebuilding my fan dipole.
Anyone out there used 450 ohm ladderline for the dipole elements?
One wire could be cut for one band and the other wire for another
band.  I just didn't know how well it would hold up in the weather.
Is there a better choice than 450 ohm line for this.  I want full
size dipole on 160/80/40/30 meters.  I have a home brew up there now
and it is so heavy that it keeps breaking in wind storms and it is
so old (2 yrs) that it's time for a new one.  Thanks all.....

                                Steve Narducci
                        Amateur Radio Station -  W9SN
                          All Ten Tec Equiptment
                          Toys for "Real" CW Men