[antennaware] Beverages: feed two rigs?

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Beverages: feed two rigs?
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:28:34 -0400 (EDT)

Here's a question:

In planning for the upcoming fall contest season, I have been
upgrading my Beverage system.  I run two radio, single op and
feed the Beverages through the auxiliary receive antenna inputs
on my Omni-VI Plus transceivers.  One problem I had last year
was the constant flipping of a coax switch to feed the Beverages
to whatever rig "needed" them.  Often, I found (with one rig on
80 and one on 160) that what I really needed was the Beverages
in both rigs at once.

The incredibly insightful answer I have come up with is to use
a T connector and feed them to both rigs simultaneously.  The
question is:  is it really going to be that easy?  Or, is there
some pitfall I'm missing?  Incoming signal reduction due to
the splitting?  Hmmm?

Scott Robbins, W4PA

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html>
        "They're a band beyond description
         Like Jehovah's favorite choir"   - Grateful Dead

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com