[antennaware] Simplified Towers

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Simplified Towers
From: n7cl@mmsi.com (Eric Gustafson)
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:15:35 -0700

Does anyone have or know of any single conductor diameter
equivalences to use in models of system involving towers?

I don't want to use up all the pulses in short tower members and
cross bracing.  I'm not convinced that any of the various NECs
handle these close spaced different diameter conductors
connecting at acute angles all that well anyhow.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Any accurate field measurements of the resonant length for
various sizes of tirangular constant section towers?  For
example, X feet of freestanding Rohn 25G self resonates at Y.ZZ
Mhz...

For example, should I use a conductor that has the same surface
area per foot as the exposed surface of the tower members?  For
Rohn 45 this would only be approximately a 3.5 inch diameter
wire.

73, Eric  n7CL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html