[antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Q: Extended Double Zepp with tuner and open wire feeders
From: Patrick.Wintheiser@PSS.Boeing.com (Wintheiser, Patrick)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:33:22 -0800
 I have a question for all you antenna gurus' out there.  The extended
double zepp dipole has its max gain at a non-resonant frequency(about 1 1/4
wavelengths instead of natural resonance at 1 1/2 wavelengths).
 By cutting the antenna at 1 1/4 wavelengths and using open wire feeders
with a tuner, I would think that you would end up tuning for resonance which
occurs at the 1 1/2 wave resonant point and not where gain is at max.  How
do this work ?
 In other words,  don't the feeders add to the length of the antenna which
in turn causes the feed to not occur at maximum gain.
 A similar question has to do with why does coax feed not affect the antenna
resonance ?
  I'm hoping some one can come up with a simple explanation.
      Pat W0OPW

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/antennaware-faq.html
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com