[antennaware] RE: NEC4WIN

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] RE: NEC4WIN
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (cebik)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:43:57 -0500
As a result of the first part of my series in QST on Modeling with NEC, I have
received a number of inquiries about the NEC4WIN (Lrion/Boukri) web site.
Between the time I wrote and the time Part 1 appeared, the site disappeared.
I do not yet know if it will re-appear.

A second possible matter of confusion has emerged regarding NEC-Win
(Basic/Plus/Pro) and NEC4WIN.  NEC4WIN is a MININEC 3.13 implementation.
NEC-Win software is by Nittany-Scientific and uses NEC-2 as the core (with
GNEC being their NEC-4 implementation).  Both cores (NEC and MININEC) a. cover
some of the same ground with the same adequecy and b. have abilities and
shortcomings that for certain special tasks makes one superior to the other.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL      /\   *    \   \  \           tel: 865-938-6335
1434 High Mesa Drive   /  \/\ /\   \---\--\      e-mail: cebik@utk.edu
Knoxville, TN 37938   /   /  \  \   \ /\\  \    e-mail: w4rnl@arrl.org
U.S.A.               /   /    \  \    ||     URL: http://www.cebik.com

--