[antennaware] EXNEC Question

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] EXNEC Question
From: Kevin Hemsley" <kev@ida.net (Kevin Hemsley)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 14:24:36 -0600
I probably picked an odd antenna for my first shot at using EZNEC.
I am trying to model the NVIS antenna found at:

http://www.n6mrx.com/Antenna/Near%20Vertical%20Incident%20Scattering%20Anten
na.htm

(If the link above wraps, you may have to glue it back together)

Using the data listed below, the Far Field plots look reasonable,
but the SWR plot is at infinity for all frequencies. I had a difficult time
figuring out how to specify a source at the wire junction.   The only way
I could specify a split source is to move wire 2's Z up a foot from 15 to
16.  This seemed like a simple antenna to try out EZNEC, but it has turned
out to be a bit strange. Could any EZNEC users give me any pointers?
Am I close, or did I approach it all wrong?

Thanks, Kevin

KB7TYA
kev@ida.net

Near Vertical Incident Skywave               6/19/2001     3:24:11 PM

--------------- ANTENNA DESCRIPTION ---------------

Frequency = 3.921 MHz
Wire Loss: Copper -- Resistivity = 1.74E-08 ohm-m, Rel. Perm. = 1

              --------------- WIRES ---------------

No.          End 1   Coord. (ft)              End 2   Coord. (ft)
Dia(in)  Segs
      Conn.      X       Y       Z     Conn.      X       Y       Z
1      W2E1        0,      0,     15                0,     25,      2 #18
5
2      W1E1        0,      0,     15                0,    -25,      2 #18
5
3      W4E1        0,      0,     16               38,      0,      2 #18
5
4      W3E1        0,      0,     16              -38,      0,      2 #18
5

Total Segments: 20

              -------------- SOURCES --------------

No.      Specified Pos.     Actual Pos.      Amplitude    Phase    Type
       Wire #  % From E1  % From E1  Seg       (V/A)     (deg.)
1       1         0.00      10.00    1        1           0         SI
2       3         0.00      10.00    1        1           0         SI

No loads specified

No transmission lines specified

Ground type is Real, MININEC-Type

No.    Cond.    Diel. Const.  Height    R Coord.
       (S/m)                  (ft)      (ft)
1      0.0303    20           0         0

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/antennaware
Submissions:              antennaware@contesting.com