[antennaware] Modeling an EF-240S

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [antennaware] Modeling an EF-240S
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 07:10:14 -0400
I would like to model a Force 12 EF-240S.  I wonder if it would be
reasonable to do so using lumped inductive loads in the elements instead of
the linear loading, adjusting the elements by cut-and-try to the resonant
frequencies specified by the factory for tuning the real antenna?  I
realize that any cancellation resulting from the loading wires being folded
back toward the center of the antenna won't be seen, but my hope is that
the model will at least be useful for assessing likely interaction with
other antennas nearby.  What do you think?

If this approach  would work reasonably well, I wonder if anyone has the
dimensions of the elements, since Force 12 omits them in their
documentation on the antenna (which I already own).

Thanks in advance.

73, Pete N4ZR
No, no ... that's WEST Virginia

--