[Antennaware] Converting I and SI sources to Voltage Sources forNEC-2

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennaware] Converting I and SI sources to Voltage Sources forNEC-2
From: n4zr at contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon Mar 24 16:22:49 2003
I'm a layman non-engineer who needs to be able to convert I and Split-I
sources to voltage sources so that they will run properly in NEC-2.

For example, a simplified 8-wire yagi model with the source in the
center  of wire 5 is specified as follows:

GW 9701  1 0.0000  9701  9701 0.0001  9701  9701  0.00001 [this 9th wire
added to the model]
EX 0 9701  1  0 0.0  1.0
NT 9701  1  5  29  0 0 0 1 0 0

When run in NEC-2 in this form, the source impedance is wildly wrong and
the pattern, while the same shape, is somewhat different in magnitude from
the original  12.7 dBi forward gain vs 12.27.

Can anyone suggest a reference where I can look up and learn a
straightforward procedure for converting back to a voltage source?  Or, as
I fear, is the conversion NOT straightforward at all?

Thanks,

Pete Smith