Re: [Antennaware] Hygain Hy-tower

To: "Gregg E. Salomone" <spectrum@shs-medstaff.com>
Subject: Re: [Antennaware] Hygain Hy-tower
From: Don Havlicek <n8de@thepoint.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:16:55 -0500
Gregg,
You could use a remote switching unit like the Ameritron RCS-4, connecting the outputs to the tap points on the coil.
Heath manufactured a similar unit, too.
Building one for yourself wouldn't be difficult, though, as it only requires a modest number of inexpensive parts.
73
Don
N8DE

Gregg E. Salomone wrote:
I am currently using a Hygain Hy-tower and want suggestions on a switching
relay tapping the base loading coil for 80 meters. I want to be able to tap the
coil allowing me to remotely select different portions of the 80 meter band.
Currently I have to move the alligator clip to the desired setting. Would like
to be able to select two, three or four (cw and ssb)settings from the comfort
of my shack.
Any ideas of commercially available items would be helpful. Not in the mood to
build something...just don't have time so ordering from a catalog would be
ideal.
73
Gregg N9NY